Thursday, March 6, 2014

Meet & Greet with #SciFi #Author Brandon Overall


When you get free time on the internet or you go to the library – what do you want to read about?
-I generally browse sites like Reddit and look for anything interesting happening in the world.
Do you find the time to read?
-Not as much as I probably should!  I tend to spend most of my free time playing games and watching movies rather than reading.  I enjoy reading when those things aren’t available, though.
Last book you purchased? Tell us about it.
The Shining by Stephen King.  Believe it or not, it’s the first Stephen King novel I have read!
What is your favorite quality about yourself?
-When I set my mind on something, I usually put in the time and effort to excel at it.
What is your least favorite quality about yourself?
-I take failure extremely hard, and it usually bothers me for quite a while.
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life?
-Achieving my goal of joining the Army, and also writing a book!  Not many people can say they have done both.
What is your favorite food?
-Sushi!  I could eat sushi every single day and never get bored of it.
What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
-My apartment.  Sorry, I’m boring.  If I’m at home, I’m happy.
How has your upbringing influenced your writing?
-I don’t feel like it really has.  I guess going to a decent school system growing up gave me a chance to develop grammar and basic writing a bit more than I would have otherwise, but I don’t see how my upbringing has a huge impact on my writing.
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
-I remember really enjoying writing in school.  I loved having the ability to create a story from my imagination and turn it into something that someone else could read and remember.  I didn’t really start writing as a hobby until very recently, and that just sort of happened all at once without much reason other than extra free time.
SuperhumanNature
Superhuman Nature is Brandon Overall's first novel. It was written and published during his first deployment to Afghanistan as a 2nd Lieutenant in late 2013.
Neil Hitchens was a senior ROTC Cadet in college. He was just weeks away from graduating and becoming an Officer in the United States Army, until a strange dream set off a chain of events that would twist his life into something he could have never prepared for.
In the days following his dream, several strange happenings occurred that he began to suspect were the result of his own actions. Before long, he discovered that he had the ability to control the world around him with his mind.
What started out as an unpredictable ability quickly evolved into an extraordinary power that had the capacity to change the world. It didn't take long for the government to find out what Neil could do.
They knew having such limitless potential on the side of the US Military could give them limitless political influence, and they would stop at nothing to get Neil to do their bidding. They would find out what happens when you back a dangerous animal into a corner.
Neil spent his whole life believing he would amount to greatness, but he never expected how greatness could corrupt even the most innocent of minds.
Buy @ Amazon & Smashwords
Genre – Science Fiction
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author
Connect with Brandon Overall on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment