- How much sleep do you need to be your best? Usually I need just six hours of sleep. In fact, if I’m asleep by ten, I often find myself awake and ready to rock at four o’clock in the morning. But I can’t do that night after night, so sometimes I sleep straight through for eight or nine hours, and it feels quite decadent!
- Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge and thank for their support? I’ve had lots of support for my writing. But without my wife’s constant, enthusiastic support, it literally wouldn’t be possible. She has been patient, loving and a fantastic resource as well. We often bounce around storylines together, and her background in military intelligence and espionage helps lend authenticity to some of my presumably farfetched spy scenes.
- Every writer has their own idea of what a successful career in writing is, what does success in writing look like to you? Success, to me, is simply writing stuff that other people eagerly want to read. Even more, it’s getting a message from a reader saying they couldn’t put my book down and were riveted to the very end. Nothing makes me feel more successful and motivated than that.
- Tell us about your new book. What’s it about, and why did you write it? My new book is the fourth installment in the Jack Lazar Series, and I wrote it because this series of books is my passion. Jack heads to Denmark for a business deal, and the company his client is acquiring is immersed in a complex international murder plot tied to a Russian political group. As usual, Jack is drawn into the middle of things, and all hell breaks loose. In the midst of all that, he gets tangled up with an outrageous, sex-crazed Danish girl named Katarina, and her involvement in the conspiracy reveals itself bit by bit, with the real surprises coming toward the very end. The feedback I’m getting from my avid readers is fantastic, and many of them say each Jack Lazar book is better than the ones preceding it.
- When you are not writing, how do you like to relax? I like to do something that distracts me from writing like watching football, going to a movie or reading a good book. Of course, when I’m reading fiction similar to mine, I can’t help but take mental notes of what the other author is doing, especially if it’s really good. I particularly like it when someone uses words in a way that I’ve never seen before. There are so many talented, imaginative people out there!
- How often do you write, and when do you write? I treat my writing like a business and keep a regimented Monday through Friday, 45-hour base work week. Of course, it’s usually necessary to add extra hours or weekend work like any other job, but I don’t think I could remain so productive without an initial, disciplined base schedule. My mornings are usually dedicated to marketing efforts. But by Noon, I’m working on the next book, and it often carries me into the evening and even late night if I’m running behind schedule.
- How do you feel about social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter? Are they a good thing? The explosion of electronic media including social media sites has opened up endless opportunities for authors, taking the power away from traditional publishers and eliminating the “being in the right place at the right time” phenomenon. So, Facebook and Twitter are indeed good things. But admittedly, I’ve had a hard time utilizing them proficiently. Like most authors, my focus is on writing, so marketing and promoting, of which social media are a part, can be a little awkward. Still, I dedicate several hours a day to these efforts, and hopefully I’m doing them right!
- If you could do any job in the world, what would you do? Write novels. Do what you love…
- Are you a city slicker, or a country lover? This question is oddly applicable for me. I have always been a city slicker, but a few years ago my wife and I settled permanently into our vacation home, which is on top of a mountain in Colorado, in the middle of nowhere. So now we live in the country, and we love it. That being said, we also maintain an apartment in Denver and regularly spend time there or back home in Dallas. So I guess I’m a little of both. The experience up here has been quite entertaining, and you can read more about it in my author blog on GoodReads.com.
- What’s your next project? I am currently working on Lazar’s Darkness, which is the fifth book in the Jack Lazar Series. I’ve mapped out ten books in this particular series, so I will continue working on those back-to-back until they are done. After that, I’ll decide whether to continue with the series or work on one of the other book projects I have in mind. It all depends on what the fans want.
"James Bond Meets Fifty Shades of Grey"
Immerse yourself in the world class novels that combine action, mystery & suspense with tantalizing and tastefully written erotica. You’ll find all your sensibilities roused at once with Kevin Sterling’s ultra-sexy, action-packed Jack Lazar Series.
In this fourth action-packed thriller, Jack travels to Denmark for a business venture, but what seems to be a textbook transaction turns into a nightmare after he gets involved with Katarina, a vivacious Danish girl who apparently lacks a moral compass, not to mention an off button. After naively believing their liaison was just a random encounter, Jack discovers she’s connected to his business deal, and there’s a dangerous political group with skin in the game, too.
Katarina makes a convincing case of being a victim, not part of the conspiracy, but can Jack really trust her?
The firestorm gets out of control as Jack digs deeper, unearths the convoluted plot behind it all, and discovers that innocent people are being heartlessly killed. He’s not only horrified by the reason why it’s happening, but how it’s being done, and there appears to be no way to stop it from occurring again.
Then the scheme’s real objective emerges, launching Jack into action with intelligence operatives to prevent it. But that’s not so easy with assassins on Jack’s tail, forcing him to struggle for survival while trying to prevent Katarina from getting caught in the crossfire.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Action, Mystery, Suspense
Rating – R
More details about the author